This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of Slottr.
- Who are we and how do you contact us and our Data Protection Officer?
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
- What is the source of your personal information?
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
- For how long is your personal information retained by us?
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
- How can you opt out of marketing communications?
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website – https://www.slottr.com/.
Slottr and our Data Protection Officer
We're Slottr.com; 2586 William St., Vancouver, BC, V5k 2Y4. We are a data controller of your personal data.
We are a small company and do not have a dedicated data protection officer (“DPO”). Reach out through our normal contact channels to reach an employee acting as our DPO. Please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as full name, contact details and contact details history
- Records of your contact with us if you get in touch with us online using our online services, such as IP address
- Products and services you hold with us
- Where relevant, additional information requested by the user of the form
3. What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
4. What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 1 above, for the following purposes:
- Displaying to the sheet owner, if you filled out the sheet with your information
- Managing the product or service you have with us
- Managing any aspect of the product or service
- To improve the operation of our business and that of our business partners
- to follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and service, and solcit feedback on teh product, if you create and manage slottr sheets. We’ll send marketing to you by email, social media and digital channels.
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers for ourselves either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our businesses
5. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- Sharing your personal information with entity who created the slottr sheet and solicited your input
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processe
To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
- For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- To comply with our legal obligations
- With your consent or explicit consent:
6. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Slottr companies and service providers
- Businesses and invidviduals who themselves use slottr and create the sheet you fill out
7. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
8. Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We’re based in Canada, and use servers hosted in United States.
9. What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website. We’ll then update your records if we can.
10. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
11. For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- Until the sheet used to collect your information has been removed
12. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
13. Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us using email@example.com
14. What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
You can opt out of any email marketing by following the unsubscribe links.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org